Would you like to be among the very first to read my books before the rest of the world? Would you like to help edit and shape the way my books turn out?
- Must be able to dedicate time (really depends on how fast you read) to read content that is posted in the Beta Reader System (BRS).
- Must have a working knowledge of computers as any recommended ‘corrections’ will be done through the BRS.
- Must not discuss details of the book with anyone other than those in the Beta Reader’s Group.
- Must not be afraid to be critical. I may not accept your changes, but I’d rather have too much input, than not enough.
- Must be willing to review the book once it goes live on Amazon.com
Books Currently for Beta Readers
“The Father” (sequel to The Steel Van Man)
Apply to be a Beta Reader
Who can apply to be a Beta Reader?
Anyone may apply. But that doesn’t mean I will accept anyone.
If I was a Beta Reader before, do I need to reapply?
Yes. The Beta Reader System has completely changed, so please re-apply. Chances are I’ll recognize you and will instantly approve you.
What is involved in being a Beta Reader?
A beta reader is someone who gets to read material before anyone else and provide their opinion.
- If you are chosen to the be a Beta Reader, you will get an email stating that you have been accepted into the program.
- Upon acceptance you will be granted access to the discussion area of the Beta Reader System where you will be able to collaborate with other beta readers and communicate with me directly concerning my books and stories.
- I expect my beta readers to:
– Be constructively critical about my work (don’t worry about offending me, I have VERY thick skin)
– Pick up on grammatical and spelling mistakes (yes, I’m not perfect… hard to believe, I know.)
– Let me know if there are continuities or incongruencies (for example, if the car is black earlier in the story, the car should be black throughout the story)