So how does the Liebster Award work? Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you ~ Thank you T. Michelle!
- Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- Answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
So, here goes!
- When I was six, my sister hit me in the nose with a rock because I refused to let her be the chef while playing restaurant.
- I played “Satan” in Mark Twain’s Adam and Eve in high school and wore a fully body leotard that covered all of me but my hand which I used as the serpent. (Yes, you could pretty much make out ALL aspects of my body – which I didn’t realize until after the play)
- I had a lazy eye in middle school and had to wear a patch for two years.
- I spent most of my weekends on our Christmas Tree Farm helping my father mow, prune and basically getting in the way.
- My dog’s name growing up was “Lord Benjamin Seville III” (even though there was no 1st and 2nd)
- My uncle had a dog that was named “Murphy T. Murphy, Dog extraordinary and Puppy Friend of Ours”
- I can do about twenty different impersonations and about a dozen different sound effects with my mouth.
- I listen to Classical Music when I’m writing.
- My 12th great grandfather and grandmother were the king and queen of Austria.
- I was born in indian style (cross legged) and had to wear braces on my legs for the first few months of my life.
- I am the keeper of our family archives going back fifteen generations.
Now to answer T. Michelle Nelson’s questions:
- What’s your biggest fear?
– Bees, scared to death of them. Yet they also fascinate me for some reason.
- Who is the most annoying character you’ve ever encountered in a book, on TV or in a movie?
– Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars. Can’t stand him.
- If you were on death row, what would you choose for a final meal?
– A porterhouse steak, garlic and parmesan mashed potatoes, green beans and a cake with a hacksaw.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
– People who don’t put things back where they belong or disturb my ‘pile systems’ on my desk.
- If you knew you could get away with anything without consequence, what would you do?
– Run through the streets naked screaming “That’s the way – uh uh – I like it!”
- What is your biggest regret in life?
– That I have no regrets.
- If you had Doctor Who’s TARDIS, what time would you travel to?
– The 1700 – 1800s. I’ve always been fascinated with that time period for some reason.
– It was sort of the high point of society but without the technology. Very appealing – I know, strange that a computer guy, would want a life without technology. But I do.
- What is the best present you ever received?
– My children.
- What’s your secret guilty pleasure movie you don’t want to admit you love?
- What is your most prized material possession?
– A painting that my grandmother painted of me when I was a boy.
Eleven Questions for my nominees:
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
- If you could be immortal, would you?
- Why or why not?
- What is your favorite time period and why?
- If you had three wishes and you couldn’t wish for more wishes, what would you wish for?
- When you look in your mind for peace in a stressful moment, what do you picture or where do you go?
- Are you a morning or an evening person?
- If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you were given $20.00 and you weren’t allowed to save it, what would spend it on?
And my nominees are:
- Cat Miller
- Carol E. Wyer
- Eileen Schuh
- Emily Guido
- Candace C. Bowen
- Ashley Fontainne
- Shirley Corder
- Joshua Graham
- Claudette Walker
- Michael Palmer
- Tanya Karen Gough